The Bombay cat is a stunning cat and can look like a small black panther. They are a short haired domesticated cat, closely related to the Burmese, but the Bombay is a little larger with longer legs and a longer body.
They are a medium sized cat with a solid muscular body. Their coat is jet black to the roots, short to medium in length with a fine and satiny texture with a high sheen.
Bombay cats are super inquisitive, fun-loving and extremely affectionate. They can become very attached their owners and so clingy that some people call them ‘Velcro cats’!
- A shiny coat that is jet black to the roots glossy coating
- Even its paw pads are black
- The Bombays muscular medium sized body is really deceiving, they weigh more than they appear to (usually around 12 pounds) – that is unless they are overfed, so you have to control the amount they eat!
- The Bombay has copper coloured eyes, which are large, round and widely set apart
- They don’t shed as much as some other breeds, so they’re easy to groom by brushing at least once a week to keep their coat shiny
- They make good family pets
In general Bombay cats have few issues to keep in mind:
- They can suffer from gingivitis
- They can have some sinus problems and snuffly noses