Chantilly cats have a loving, gentle, devoted and intelligent personality. Just to add confusion, in some places this breed is called the Chantilly/Tiffany. Either way it is the same breed. Their first breed name, “Tiffany”, was chosen from the famous Tiffany Theatre but as new breeders became involved with the breed the name was changed to “Chantilly”.
- This is a wonderful semi-long haired cat of rich solid chocolate colour.
- Soft, smooth and lacking any undercoat makes the coat easy to groom.
- It has a plumed tail, a neck ruff and ear furnishings.
- Originally the breed only came in solid chocolate brown. However, the breed now comes in solid black, cinnamon, blue, lilac and fawn.
- Eye colour varies from gold to deep yellow.
How To Care For Your Chantilly Cat
The Chantilly/Tiffany is a “semi-longhair”, so this breed requires considerably less upkeep than some of the long haired breeds such as the Persian. The lack of downy undercoat reduces shedding and makes grooming easier.
As they have long ear streamers their ears should be regularly checked for wax – one good grooming session per week should be planned to keep their fur in top condition.