The American Curl is a breed of cat characterised by its unusual ears, which curl back from the face toward the centre of the back of the skull.
If you want a unique cat then the American Curl is for you. The American Curl retains its kitten-like personality throughout its adult life.
- The American Curl is a medium sized cat (5–10 lbs), and does not reach maturity until 2–3 years of age.
- They are strong and healthy.
- American Curl kittens are born with straight ears, which begin to curl within eighty-two days. After four months, their ears will not curl any longer.
- Both longhaired and shorthaired American Curls have soft, silky coats which lie flat against their bodies.
- They require little grooming and enjoy spending time with their owners.
- The American Curl, while still an uncommon breed, is found across the world in the United States, Spain, France, Japan, Russia, and many other countries.
- Due to its large genetic pool with non-pedigree cats, the American Curl is generally a healthy breed.
- Their ears however require frequent cleaning to prevent infections, and need gentle handling to prevent damage.